My cooperating teacher, her family, and I (Thing 6) all dressed up for Dr. Seuss' Read Across America Week.

Hello!

My name is Emma Buckle and I'm originally from Westwood,  Massachusetts. I grew up with a love of reading and writing, which translated into an English major and Creative Writing minor while attending Washington and Lee University in Lexington, Virginia. While in college, I heavily participated in Relay For Life, serving as the committee's lead chair during my senior year. I also have an Elementary Education Teaching License, PreK-6. My favorite grades have been Kindergarten and Second - I even completed my Student Teaching in a Second Grade Class. Please read on to learn more about me!

Education

I attend Washington and Lee University in Lexington, Virginia, and will graduate in May 2017. I will have a Bachelor of Arts in English, with minors in Education and Creative Writing.

Favorite Units

Science: Weather and Matter

Language Arts: Dr. Seuss Week, and our unit on Penguin Chick

Math: Time and Calendar

More Favorites

Some of my favorite things to do outside of the classroom include running, writing stories, and traveling. My favorite authors include Eric Carle, Dr. Seuss, Rosemary Wells, and Kevin Henkes.