Catherine Trotman

A little about me:

I grew up in the Outer Banks area of North Carolina where I was raised in a little county with many loving people and memories that will last a lifetime. I came to Rockbridge County to pursue higher education and I have fallen in love with everything about this area. While I do love my childhood home, Rockbridge County has become my heart and at this time, I can not imagine myself leaving this area. 

Student Teaching:

I had the wonderful opportunity to student teach with Mrs. Hayes, a 3rd grade teacher at Enderly Heights Elementary in Buena Vista, Virginia. I can not begin to explain to you all that I learned regarding curriculum and instruction because the wealth of knowledge is so great, however outside of curriculum context, one of the most important aspects of teaching that I walked away with was that at the end of the day, even if a student did not fully understand the material taught, they left the classroom feeling important and loved. 

Finally, I want to say thank you for taking the time to view my portfolio. I am so glad you are here! I hope as you look through my teaching portfolio that you can see how much I love what I do.